- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3-5 jalapeños, seeds and ribs removed; diced
- 1-2 serrano peppers, seeds and ribs removed; diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chiles (e.g. Rotel)
- 2-3 cans Ranch-Style beans or other southwestern-style beans
- taco seasoning
- 2 tbsps water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1-2lbs lean ground beef
- Brown beef.
- Add taco seasoning and a couple tablespoons of water. Reduce.
- Add onion and peppers. Cook until translucent.
- Add everything else. Bring to a simmer, cook for 25-30 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Serve with toppings of choice.