- 1 to 1.5lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4lb butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- dash nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup beef consommé
- 1 onion, chopped and fried crisp in butter
- Thoroughly mix ground beef, 5 tbsps butter, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Form patties and dredge them with flour.
- In a skillet, melt the remaining butter and brown the patties in it.
- Remove cooked patties to a hot platter.
- In the skillet, stir in sour cream and consommé.
- Pour sauce over patties.
- Place a spoonful of fried onions on top of each patty.