Instant Pot Potato Soup
Ingredients: high pressure
- 5 pound bag of Yukon or Russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can 12oz evaporated milk
after high pressure
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
- Add all the ingredients listed under “high pressure” to the pot. Make sure you don’t go over the inner Max line of your pot
- Stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid, point knob to sealed.
- Press High Pressure and input 10 minutes. It will take the Instant Pot to come to pressure about 15-20 minutes, due to the high volume of the soup.
- Once done cooking, do a 10-minute Natural Pressure Release, after which, carefully release the remaining pressure by moving the knob to the Vent position.
- Lift the lid and use a potato masher to mash some of the potatoes.
- In a cup whisk cornstarch and cream until well combined and smooth.
- Select Sauté, and whisk in cream mixture until fully combined. Simmer for a few minutes, until the soup thickens. If the soup is too thick, add more cream or broth, and simmer.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Turn off the pressure cooker and stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
- Serve hot with preferred garnishes.