Instant Pot Chili
- 3 pounds carne picada or taco meat; visit a Mexican grocery store with a meat counter, or use ground beef
- 4 cans Ranch-Style beans or other southwestern-style beans
- 2 cans “Chili Fixings” Rotel or diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 Anaheim peppers, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 5-6 jalapeños, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 2-3 Serrano peppers, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 4 tbsps chili powder
- 3 tbsps ground cumin
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- chili toppings of choice
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté. Brown carne picada in batches to prevent overcrowding.
- Press Cancel button. Add everything but the tomato juice to the instant pot. Stir to combine.
- Add tomato juice until you reach the ‘max fill’ line. Stir.
- Put the lid on, set the nozzle to Sealed, and use the Chili/Stew button, set for 20 minutes.
- Release pressure.
- Season to taste.