Instant Pot Carnitas
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, rough chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 55ml orange juice
- 3 1/4 lbs pork shoulder, pork butt, or char siu meat.
- 200ml unsalted chicken stock
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 lime
- Remove rind and bone from pork shoulder.
- Trim, save the fat. Cut in to 2 to 2 1/4 inch cubes.
- Place cubes and fat in to Instant Pot. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add marinade ingredients, mix well. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Add stock. Close lid, set steam vent to Seal, and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Vent remaining steam, carefully open lid.
- Transfer pork cubes on to a baking sheet and check for seasoning. Add salt if needed.
- Drizzle some of the cooking liquid over the pork.
- Broil or bake on the top rack of the oven at 450F until the surface is crisped, roughly 8-10 minutes.